Executive Board Minutes
February 2, 2016
Present: P. DELUCIA, J. CHISOLM, D. CICARELLA, M. MALONEY, P. STRICKER, C. WILLEMS, M. BERRIOS-GUNN, J. PETER WILSON, S. MIKOLIKE, J. WELL-JACKSON, J. STEELE, K. WETMORE, E. MCDANIEL-EPPS, R. AUGUSTINE, D. STEPHENSON, A. DUSA, M. MCNERNEY, M. SOLLI, D. LOW, M. PANTALEO
Call to order 3:55 p.m.
Motion to accept the minutes from January 12 and 21st - 2nd and passed.
• End of the year party – June 10th – More to follow
• Yale School of Law Conference Friday February 12, 2016. Dave has been invited to speak.
• Budget – End of the year report Jan-Dec 2015 – Motion to accept – 2nd and passed.
• Request for donation – W.C Golf Team
• Proposal for new line item for 2016 budget media/marketing – campaign to recognize teachers using billboards and buses – Committee to be formed.
• Legislative council in Hartford, Saturday February 6th.
• Proposed Budget for 2016 presented. Motion to approve = 2nd and passed.
• Barnard – next steps – Superintendent Harries, Dr. Blocker, Dr. Tracey will meet with staff, parents and Admins on Tuesday February 9th.
• Executive Board voiced some concerns over the process and timeline. Dave will bring concerns to Garth on Thursday February 4th. Union would like the meetings/interviews held at the union office with a decision/outcome by Monday, February 22nd.
Attendance Letter – Dave, Marianne and Marc will revise and edit the NHFT response and send it to the Executive Board for review and approval.
Dispensing Medications – The union remains opposed to teachers administering medications of any kind even though we are covered by state law.
School Funding Committee – Thanks to Chris Willems for keeping the Union informed as to the ongoing meetings of this committee in its attempt to have equitable funding to all schools. No teachers were invited to sit in. There are many red flags as to the proposed formula. Please contact Chris for more information. TEVAL meeting scheduled same day as Exec Board is a concern.
Motion to adjourn 5:40 pm.