Present – R. AUGUSTINE, J. CHISHOLM, D. CICARELLA, T. CRISCUOLO, P. DELUCIA I FESTA, J. GONZALEZ, O. HERNANDEZ, J. LEACH, M. MALONEY, M. MAZZACANE, E. MCDANIEL-EPPS, T HARRIS, M. PANTALEO, J. ROTH, M. SOARES, J.STEELE, K. STEELE, R. THOMAS, K. WETMORE, P. WILSON
- Call to order
- David Cicarella called to order the regular meeting of the Executive Board at 3:47 pm
- Motion to accept minutes from January 14 , 2020
- Meeting minutes from January Executive Board accepted
111. Review of meeting and agenda items
- New Haven Scholarship Fund presentation by Jeff Albert
- Request to move budget review before committee reports on agenda. Vote and unanimous decision to move budget review before committee reports and new business on agenda
- Budget review and projection
- New Business
- Committee Reports
1V. Jeff Albert presented on New Haven Scholarship Program:
- 100% of donations are used exclusively for New Haven student scholarships, not for administrative costs
- The Board of Directors is all volunteer; several of whom were recipients of the scholarship
- In 60 plus years over $9.5 million has been awarded to over 8,500 New Haven students
- If you are interested in donating you can do so through payroll deduction or a direct donation
V. Budget Review and 2020 Projected Budget
- The 2019 End of the Year Report was reviewed and discussed at length. A unanimous vote to accept the 2019 End of the Year Report.
- The 2020 budget was presented and discussed. A unanimous vote to accept the 2020 proposed budget.
V1. New Business
- The 250-word candidate bios and photos have not been posted due to decisions being made on giving the teachers an extension on editing and conforming to the guidelines specified by the Elections Committee and approved by the Executive Board. A unanimous decision was made to give a hard deadline of Thursday at 6:00pm for final edits to be made and submitted to our website administrator for posting.
- The election count will be made on February 27. A unanimous vote was made to have the newly elected Executive Board and delegates assume their positions on April 1st.
V11. Committee Reports
- Finance: No report, budget/EOY report in place of finance report
- Treasurer: No report, budget/EOY report in place of treasurer report
- Grievance: There is currently 2 items pending.
Co-op High School is at step 3 in the process of a grievance due to not holding SPMT meetings. The grievance will not be withdrawn until Co-op begins holding regular scheduled SPMT meetings.
Diaper Changing: Teachers do NOT change diapers. This is a non-negotiable stance by the union. Clear established practice that teachers should not change diapers. This is not a “comply and grieve” issue. The only circumstance that a teacher should do a diaper change is in an emergency. Dave is in discussion with central office to prepare a written policy and disseminate to all teachers and administrators. A Prohibitive Practice Complaint(PPC) has been drafted for submission to the CT Labor Board in case agreement is not promptly forthcoming.
- School Reform: Tabled until next meeting
- PreK-12 Report: Tabled until next meeting
- Security: Tabled until next meeting
- David Cicarella adjourned the meeting at 5:16pm
Meeting minutes submitted by: Jennifer Chisholm