Executive Board Meeting
June 5, 2018
Present – R. Augustine, T. BURNS, P. DELUCIA, J. CHISOLM, A. DUSA, I FESTA, D. LOW, M. MALONEY M. MAZZACANE, E. MCDANIEL-EPPS, M. MCNERNEY, M. PANTALEO, R. POMPANO, M. SOLLI, P. STRICKER, K. WETMORE, P WILSON, T. HARRIS, S. MIKOLIE, A. NEWTON, D. ORTIZ, T. HARRIS, D. STEPHENSON, J. WELLS-JACKSON, D. WEINRES
Call to order 3:55 pm.
Motion to accept the minutes from May – 2nd and passed.
Committee Reports –
· Finance – Food Bank - $500 – 2nd and passed.
· Scholarships – 19 applicants for NHFT scholarships 14 were awarded ranging from $250-$500 each. Motion to approve one more scholarship at $250 was 2nd and passed.
· Treasurer – Audit of NHFT financial records has been completed and sent to AFT Washington.
· Grievance – Issue at Barnard has been resolved –DCF hearing was held. Teacher has been cleared of all charges. ESUMS – Possible harassment of teacher by parent. The union and Dr. Blocker will meet with all parties Friday to try and resolve this issue. Hillhouse – Union will check into possible hiring of non-certified teachers for vacancies.
· School Reform – Union continues to push for those evaluated as 5’s to be observed every other year. Committee members will offer possible alternatives.
· AFT K12 – Notice will go out to all teachers about the March at the Capital in Hartford schedules for June 11th.
New Business – 10 delegates from the NHFT will be going to the National Convention in Pittsburg. Three teachers are scheduled for Termination Hearings.
Membership Cards – Printer will scan them to the cloud. Hard copies will be made an also backed up to the flash drives. Dr Birks has asked the union to work with H.R. to help displaced teachers and administrative interns be settled by the close of school. Principals cannot put in recommendations for hire until at least three candidates have been interviewed. Dave and Mike Crocco from the Talent Office will work on a staffing model for coaches in literacy and math.
Survey – Miscommunication and timing did not allow for individual codes to go out. The links are secure and were sent out by the vendor Panaroma. Union fully supports the survey and encourages all teachers to participate. Alternative Education has been disruptive. The timing has caused the process to be somewhat skewed and done in reverse. The union has met with all teachers involved to make sure all teachers are being treated fairly. Members over 65 not eligible for the medical HAS will be offered a health reimbursement account.
Adjourn 5:25 pm