Executive Board Meeting
May 1, 2018
Present – R. Augustine, T. BURNS, P. DELUCIA, J. CHISOLM, A. DUSA, I FESTA, D. LOW, M. MALONEY M. MAZZACANE, E. MCDANIEL-EPPS, M. MCNERNEY, M. PANTALEO, R. POMPANO, M. SOLLI, P. STRICKER, K. WETMORE, P WILSON
Call to order 3:55pm.
Motion to accept minutes from April – 2nd and passed.
Committee Reports :
· Finance – No request to date
· Treasurer – April per capita is paid. Nine delegates will attend the state convention – Motion to accept report – 2nd and passed.
· Grievance – Certification issue – Teacher working for sub pay. Certificate was reinstated. H.R. has been sending certification reminders out to teachers. It is the teachers responsibility not H.R.
· School reform – TEVAL still on the table. Looking to alternate review for those deemed 4’s and 5’s. No dates set for surveys.
· Security – Stewards have done great working getting lists into the union. Only 12 schools need to submit. Key cards and carpentry have all been completed at the other schools. Each school now has at least one security officer. Locks downs are happening more frequently. Increase in assaults on security office4rs. New procedures for fire alarms – police will also respond.
AFT-CT K-12 council – Meeting date to be announced later this month – more to follow.
New Business – Great job done by all the stewards. We have signed on 1754 members with the new registration cards.
Some issues with the teacher pay scale in the 2018-19 city budget. Union will follow up.
Contract should be signed this week and sent out electronically to all teachers next week.
May 9th – Medical information session at the union office at 3:45. Tentative date4s for medical re-enrollment are May 22, 23, 24. Representatives from Blue Cross, the city and the union will be on side to answer all questions.
Wednesdays are “Red for Ed Days” to support states that have walked out. Effort is supported by Aft local and national.
Incident with steward at Hillhouse has been resolved. Thank you to our trustees for resolving this issue fairly and timely.
Calendar votes will be tallied Wed. 5-2-18.