January 12, 2016
Present: : P. DELUCIA, D. CICARELLA, T. BURNS, M. MALONEY, M. SOLLI, J. CHISOLM, M. BERRIOS-GUNN, D. ORTIZ, J.STEELE, R. AUGUSTINE, R. CORDAWAY, R. POMPANO, J. WILSON, P. STRICKER T.HARRIS, S. MIKOLIKE, A. DUSA, D. LOW, J. STEELE, M. MCNERNEY,
Call to order 3:55 pm.
Motion to accept the minutes from December – 2nd and passed.
Committee Reports –
1. Finance – Request for donations- Coop yearbook ½ page ads –passed. Thank you note from the CT Food Bank.
2. Grievance – Barnard - Multiple issues- arbitrator has now been chosen. Career – paperwork filed and arbitrator will be chosen soon.
Taft-Hartley Act – Protects union stewards from being harassed. AFT-CT will look into violations at Barnard and Beecher.
3. School Reform – State has accepted our TEVAL adjustments. We should be getting another one year waiver. State level talks ongoing on the decoupling of TEVAL and test scores.
4. Treasurer Report – Due to pressing agenda items the end of the year budget report and proposed budget for 2016 will be presented at the February meeting.
Old Business – Tabled
New Business – Barnard – 21 teachers attended the Ex. Bd meeting to express grave concern over the working conditions, culture and climate at the school. The NHFT Ex. Bd has voted to do the following:
1. Continue the grievance process where needed.
2. Dave will bring concerns to the Superintendent on Thursday, 1-14-16.
3. Staff will make an anecdotal record of all incidents that support their claims.
4. Future meeting will be set between staff and central office.
SAA complaint update – Union is not sure the entire SAA supports actions being directed towards Dave and Tom. It may be only 2 principals. SAA has demanded a response from the Superintendent by January 11th, 2016. SAA will not attend any meetings or committees that include Dave or Tom.
Executive Board has voted to have an Emergency meeting Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 3:45 p.m.
Adjournment at 5:45 p.m.