December 5, 2017
Present – D CICARELLA, P. DELUCIA, T. BURNS. M. PANTALEO, M. MCNERNEY, M. MAZZACANE, D.LOW, J. STEELE, R. POMPANO, S. MIKOLIKE, R. AUGUSTINE, J. WILSON, E. MCDANIEL EPPS, K. WETMORE, J. CHISOLM, D. ORTIZ, M. SOLLI, M. MALONEY, T. HARRIS
Call to order 3:50.
Motion to accept the minutes from Nov. meeting – 2nd and passed.
1. Finance- P. Delucia
– Requests for Elizabeth Cellato Child Care Center $200 – passed
– Motion to present end of year budget report and New Year budget proposal at February Executive Board Meeting – 2nd and passed.
– Treasurer – Mike Pantaleo stated all dues and per-capita are current. Monthly reports are in Finance Committee members folders for review.
2. Security –P J. Wilson - Next city wide meeting will be Wednesday, December 6, 2017. Update to follow on keys and security checks. Homeland Security will visit schools to offer suggestions on readiness and procedures.
3. AFT-K12 Council – Steve Mikolike -
o Ed Levy vocational education teacher is looking into health care trends that could trickle down to all teachers.
o Discussion on raising the starting age for kindergarten.
o Rise in violence against teachers
o AFT and CEA are looking into and reviewing language that needs to be clearly defined.
4. School Reform – M. Maloney – TEVAL training is ongoing. Pro Traxx will be replaced by Performance Matters. Online program the city will use to input all teachers P.D. - CIA’s, Staff meetings. Requirement will be 18 hours per year. Should be up and running in September.
5. Grievance – D. Cicarella – Hillhouse teachers have been paid for summer P.D. Hill Central and Truman overages have been settled. MOU is being prepared.
New Business –
– Tom and Dave are reviewing Arbitrators Award for contract. Document clean-up is being done before signing.
– Superintendent Search – NHFT requested search information on all three candidates. While there are no red flags at this time Dave has spoken with Dr. Birks and they will meet to discuss some concerns about some of her comments. She will be invited to an Executive Board meeting when she is signed to a contract.
– Reverend Kimber will move ahead with his new school request and he would like to follow the process similar to HSC with union input.
– Surveys – A meeting will be held with Dr. Mayo, David Cicarella, Tom Burns, Cheryl Brown and Carolyn Ross Lee. More to follow.
Adjournment – 5:15 pm.