Executive Board Meeting December 6, 2016 Present: P. DELUCIA, J CHISHOLM, I. FESTA, J. STEELE, J. WELLS-JACKSON, P. STRICKER, M. SOLLI, M. BERRIOS-GUNN, C. WILLEMS, M. MCNERNEY, M. PANTALEO, E. EPPS, R. POMPANO, D. STEPHENSON, R. AUGUSTINE, J. WILSON,K D. LOW, D. CICARELLA, T. BURNS
Call to order 3:55 pm
Motion to accept the minutes from Nov - 2nd and passed.
Committee Reports - 1. Finance - Request from the Food Bank for $500 - passed.
2. Treasurer - Per capita payments have been processes - year end report will be in January and New budget in February.
3. Grievance - Tom Burns - No movement on Cross issue. Class size payments will be make Dec. 16th.
4. CEPC - 1st meeting Wed. Dec. 7th - Guests: Dr. Mayo, Dr. Blocker, Typhanie Jackson, Will Clark, Gil Traverse.
5. Pre K-12 Council - Chris Willems - Legislative Conference is Feb 4th - Action alerts to follow. Please check website for all activities and updates.
6. Committee -Contract working group will meet Wed. Dec. 14th at the Union Office.
Old Business - Bereavement MOU has been signed and sent to all teachers. Key card policy has been sent to all teachers. Sick Bank - all but seven schools have returned their forms. Charter School update - Union prefers MOU. Dave has met with Jason Bartlett to express our thoughts and concerns. Single gender school has both opposition and support from some Ex. Board members. Dave has offered HSC/MOU as a guide. All discussions will be shared with the Executive Board.
New Business - Michigan Model Health Class - City want it linked to lesson plans and on Google docs. Dave will follow-up. Lesson plans - yes, but templates - No. PLC - No teacher "homework" can be assigned. Smarter Balance prep discussion - No drill and kill. More to follow. E4E has proposed a joint "Student Recognition awards ceremony" Executive Board has voted no until a better relationship - understanding and trust can be built with E4E. NAACP Event was held Dec. 3rd. Please check out the video on the New Haven Independent website.
Motion to Adjourn 5:15 pm.