Executive Board Meeting
January 9, 2018
Present: R. AUGUSTINE, T. BURNS, J. CHISOLM, D. CICARELLA, P. DELUCIA, M. PANTALEO, A. DUSA, I. FESTA, M. MALONEY, M. MAZZACANE, E. MCDANIEL-EPPS, M. MCNERNEY, S. MILOLIKE, R. POMPANO, M. SOLLI, J STEELE, D. STEPHENSON, P. STRICKER, J. WELLS-JACKSON, K. WETMORE.
Call to order 3:55pm.
Motion to accept the minutes from December meeting – 2nd and passed.
Committee Reports –
· Finance – P. Delucia – Wilbur Cross Golf Team $250 passed
· Treasurer – Mike Pantaleo – year-end report 2017 and proposed budget 2018 will be presented and voted on at February Executive Board meeting.
· School Reform – Meeting will be held mid-January. Union has some concerns with “we climb” observation check list. Dave will meet with Mike Crocco and report out at the February meeting.
Reminder from Marianne Maloney to collect student feedback for half year courses. She will share a sample questionnaire.
· School Survey – Initial meeting with both unions, Dr. Mayo and Carolyn Ross Lee to see if we can get back to committee. Next meeting January 18th.
· Grievance – Tom Burns – All Hillhouse teachers were paid in December summer P.D. Union will follow up on teacher transfer at Barnard.
· Security – No report this month.
Old Business – None
New Business – Work order system
· Issues in 20 buildings during cold snap.
· Only extreme emergencies are handled by phone
· All issues must be entered into the system. Once entered they can be tracked and followed up on.
New Superintendent – Dave will schedule a meeting with Dr. Birks. Any suggestions can be sent to Dave.
New contract being approved by the Board of Alderman. Entire contract must be proof read before it is signed.
Janus case to begin arguments in the Supreme Court on February 28th. AFT is following closely – more to follow.