Executive Board Minutes
June 7, 2016
Present: P. DELUCIA, D. CICARELLA, T. BURNS, D. LOW, J. WELLS-JACKSON, S. MIKOLIKE, D. KAPTAIN, J. P. WILSON, J. CHISHOLM, D. ORTIZ, M. PANTALEO, C. WILLEMS, M. GUNN, J. STEELE, R. POMPANO, D. STEPHENSON, M. MCNERNEY, R. AUGUSTINE, M. MALONEY, A. DUSA, M. SOLLI, T. HARRIS, R. CORDAWAY, M. MAZZACANE, ERICA EPPS
Call to order 3:55 pm.
Motion to accept the minutes from May – 2nd and passed.
Committee Reports -
1. Finance – Fair Haven Community Health Center $150 and Camp Farnam $250.
2. Grievance – Career – Briefs are completed and awaiting decision. Barnard – American Arbitration Association paperwork will begin in September. Steward issue – AFT action has been sent to human resource.
3. Security – New head of security has been appointed – Thaddeus Reddish. The dept. is understaffed. Internet phone service trials – new fax system planned. Code of Conduct – No changes this year. Union is pushing for security in every school. Swipe card to enter/exit buildings – No time in/time out date will be collected.
4. Treasurer – Mike Pantaleo – Union is budgeted through the summer. Reports are in committee members folders.
5. School Reform – State has approved our TEVAL waiver. Student feedback collected by teachers is for teacher use only.
Old Business – Water testing in older school buildings have shown high lead levels. Chief steward Marianne Malone will provide results from the 18 random samples. Union will follow up.
New Business – Scholarships: Union has awarded the following –
1. Anthony Annunziata – Wilbur Cross
2. Matt Borenstein – HSC
3. NHFT – 4 scholarships awarded
Motion to go into Executive session to discuss city wide climate surveys – 2nd and passed.
Motion to adjourn 5:20 pm