MARCH 3, 2016
PRESENT- P. DELUCIA, J. CHISOLM, P. STRICKER, T. CRISCUOLO, J. WELLS-JACKSON, M. BERRIOS-GUNN, D. ORTIZ, J. STEELE, M. MCNERNEY, D. STEPHENSON, M. PANTALEO, M. MALONEY, E. EPPS, R. POMPANO, T. BURNS, C. WILLEMS, M. MAZZACANE, J. WILSON, R. AUGUSTINE, M. SOLLI, D.CICARELLA
Call to order 3:55 pm
Motion to accept the minutes from February 2nd – passed.
· AFL-CIO - Union signed on to “Solidarity Resolution” in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King.
· Sick Bank issues – Resolved by NHFT.
· Barnard – Review of action plan to date. Dave met with Garth. Letters from teachers have been submitted – unsigned. Superintendent and four central office staff went to Barnard to talk with teachers, students, and staff. Garth will come to the NHFT office with Dr. Blocker and Dr. Tracey to speak with teachers. To date the Superintendent has made no decisions. The NHFT has strongly recommended to Barnard teachers an action at the Board of Education on Monday, March 14th when letters will be read aloud and concerns be expressed. The NHFT has also asked for a vote of “no confidence”.
· The NHFT has accepted a draft of “dispensing medication memo” to be sent to all teachers regarding distribution of medication to students.
· Executive Board has asked for re-write of “Attendance letter” by Superintendent.
1. Finance –Request for Food Bank $350 & W.C. Hoff ad - $60 and passed.
2. Reform – David Cicarella – Clinton Ave work rules are progressing with all items looked at in isolation and collectively. Asking for pro-rata for extra time.
3. Concerns of Fair Haven being a “Turnaround School”. The state has issued a new scoring system and ratings for all schools. Scale scores will determine “ratings”. No staff changes at Fair Haven – school will develop an accelerated plan of school improvement for next year.
4. Grievance – Tom Burns – Arbitrations before the Board of Ed March 8th. B. Chernovetz; and April 12th Barnard teacher re-assignments.
Security – Peter Wilson – Director of security vacancy had 50 applicants. City is down to 8 interviews. Committee is reviewing all procedures. Security cameras will be updated.
· Letter will be going out to all teachers with date changes for the closing of the 3rd marking period and grade entry.
· No PD during final exam week.
· Issues with Express Script early refills Charter School mailings - Marianne will send out number to call and a scripted message.
· Concerns over diversity and job posting for Talent office positions. Concerns over hourly rates vs. negotiated extra pay for extra time.
· Union will look into tracking data on violence and abuse against teachers.
· Dave will resend letter on procedure and vote for use of extended time.
Adjournment at 6:00 pm.