November 15, 2016
PRESENT: P. DELUCIA, T.BURNS, I. FESTA, T. HARRIS, J. CHISHOLM, J. STEELE, M. PANTALEO, D. CICARELLA,K M. MAZZACANE, P. STRICKER, M. MALONEY, M. GUNN, D. STEPHENS, M. MCNERNEY, R. AUGUSTINE, K. WETMORE, E. EPPS, A. DUSA, J. WILSON, S. MIKOLIKE
Call to order 3:55 pm.
Motion to accept minutes from October – 2nd and passed.
Committee Reports –
1. Finance – AFB – Thanksgiving baskets $1,000
2. Grievance – Career – Coaching job appeal awaiting decision Dec. 15th – W. Cross – Incident issues – union to meet with Dr. Mayo. Bereavement MOU – Issue with work days vs. calendar days language. Dave will meet with Dr. Mayo.
3. School Reform – All teachers should have gotten the clarifying memo from Mike Crocco on TEVAL goal setting.
4. Treasurer report – All items are current – No issues or concerns.
5. Security – Cameras are working in 90% of our schools. 10 or 12 more security hires are proposed. Possible merge with police dept. discussed. Key card readers will allow teacher access to buildings from 7am to 5pm. Cards are $35 replacement cost. MOU forthcoming from city and union.
New Business – Holiday party sign-up should begin Nov. 16, 2016. NHFT is developing its own website. The contract should have gone through the city by November 7th. Tom will follow up with Will Clark on one year extension. Upon approval contract committees will be formed. Union is keeping watch on ECS funding changes. Moment of silence for the teachers who have recently passed. Any benefit questions should be directed to Tom Burns.
Old Business – Tom Burns – Proposed new charter school by Rev. D. Boise Kimber. All boys’ school modeled after Eagle academy. Union will meet with Rev. Kimber to suggest other options.
Tom outlined the guidelines and ten bullet points on charters. Information can be found on the state dept. of education website. Three states voted down charters in the last election. The NAACP has called for a moratorium on new charters. More to follow.
Motion to adjourn – 5:10 pm