September 1, 2015
Present: P. DELUCIA, J.P. WILSON, M. BERRIOS-GUNN, D. ORTIZ, J. STEELE, D. CAPTAIN, J. CHISHOLM, M. MALONEY, P. STRICKER, C. WILLEMS, M. MCNERNEY, M. PANTALEO, S. MIKOLIKE , D. STEPHENSON, E. MCDANIEL-EPPS, R. CORDAWAY, R. POMPANO, D. LOW, R. AUGUSTINE, T. HARRIS
Call to order 3:50.
Motion to accept the minutes from June – 2nd and passed.
1. Finance – P. Delucia – No business at this time.
2. Grievance – T. Burns – 17 of 35 teachers had changes at Barnard. 14 have been resolved. Three would move forward.
Career – Teacher places on leave due to parent complaint. DCF is involved. Union is working hard with our lawyer to maintain the situation closely.
3. School Reform – D. Low – Professional Development and Evaluation Committee is meeting.
· Class size issues should be reported in the building first from day one. Keep dates and numbers.
· Executive Board vacancy will be filled in October.
· Steward Elections – Joint letter from Dave and Marianne will be sent with rules and procedures.
· Head Steward Elections will be held in November.
· Union elections will be held in December. Nominations will be in October.
· P.E., music, art – specials concerns with numbers and class schedule will be looked into on a case by case basis by the union.
· FUND for teachers is giving $5,000 single grant and $10,000 group grants for professional learning only. Information about these grants will be given to all stewards soon.
· EPIC Forum for Teachers will be held Monday, September 28th and Monday, February 29th more to follow.
· Funding has been secured for District Initiatives: Home connections for P drives, Cameras for video conferencing, Innovation mini grants up to $1000 – contact Dave Low for more information.
· TEVAL concerns – IM/Principals making final number rating. Formula for rating is not included in the new document.
· Explanation for new positions district-wide – HSC new leadership positions.
· Union is meeting with Anthem to explore why medical deductions were so high.
· Union will hold orientation for 1st and 2nd year teachers in October – More to follow.
· E4E are not allowed in any school buildings at any time during the school day.
· New group similar to E4E has been formed CT School Finance Project.
· HSA insurance plan has been switched to Connex Federal Credit Union so no fees will be taken out.
· 1st paycheck next year will be late due to leap year. This happens every six or seven years.
· Union is meeting with Will Clark on child care reimbursement.
· Contract working group is meeting – Negotiations for our next contract will begin next year.
· Tom has sent a formal letter to the state. It appears TIF stipends may not be pensionable.
· Union has been to Hillhouse to monitor three principal design.
Adjournment 5:15 pm