Present: C. BRENNAN, D. CANZANELLA, J. CHISOLM, M. COMANDO, R. COWES, S. DAVIS, J. DRYMILLER, A. FARBER, M. GALANTE, R.GLASSMAN, J. GONZALEZ, J. GRAVES, C. HEITER, J. LEACH, A. LETOURNEU-BURBANK, D. LOW, M. MALONEY, J. MASELLI, A. MEADOWS, L. NUSEAU, K. O’KEEFE, L. O’NEIL, D. PALMIERI, R. REPKO, R. AUGUSTINE, J. RICHARDS, K. RODRIGUEZ, M. ROSE, J. ROTH, M. SOARES, M. SOLLI, C. STREETS, C. STREETS, J. WELLS-JACKSON, K. WETMORE, S. WHELAN, P. WILSON, K. HEBERT
- Call to order
- David Cicarella called to order the regular meeting of the Executive Board at 3:50 pm
- Motion to accept minutes from April 23rd, 2019
- Meeting minutes accepted
111. Chief Steward Report
- There will be an attendance policy implemented for both Stewards and Executive Board members next year. Pay will be reduced or unpaid days will occur for not attending meetings regularly. An ad hoc committee may be formed to create the policy.
- Ensure that your certification is up to date and in order. Do not let it lapse, if you let your certification lapse you will be reduced to sub pay and lose your benefits and must re-apply for certification.
- Graduation Dates: Principals were given choice
* Friday June 14th (same as union party)
* Tuesday June 18th
- Computer Science Update:
- Teachers will not have to teach programming and coding as a class in addition to their required classes
- Coding and programming will be part of the curriculum, but will not be a graduation requirement
- Teachers can get a certification/endorsement on top of their certification. Another route will be to certify people from the industry
- AFT Workshops:
* 5/29: Digital skills training offered by google. You can acquire lesson plans from completing this training. The workshop details will be on the website
* 5/23 Music across the disciplines: Overview of Teach Rock curriculum. It will be at Wilcox and dinner will be provided. Contact Marianne Maloney (Head Steward) if interested.
1V. Vice President Report
- Teacher surveys vetted out and complete. Will be sent out by Monday most likely. Everyone is encouraged to participate.
- Adhoc committees and standing committees are in order and will meet at least once before the end of the school year.
- Bi-Law revision and attendance policy for Executive Board and Stewards groupings are complete and report out monthly at the Executive Board meetings.
V. Security Report
- Buildings have changed their codings for Lock Downs. Verbiage has changed. Listen to it and adhere. The message is no longer Code Red. Principals were made aware of this change on May 9th. Staff should have been informed.
- When there is a bomb threat or suspicion of a bomb, do not touch it, call bomb squad and open windows. Stay on line with 911 and do not hang up.
- DO NOT prop open doors, the entire buildings security is at risk.
- If you lose your ID this is very serious and must be reported. This is a security breach to the building. The ID must be de-activated, so the report must be made. It is $35.00 to replace your ID badge or key.
V1. President Report
- Non-tenured teachers up for non-renewal must be notified by May 1st.
- On-line teacher training for teachers that are not effective or want to move up their level.
- Staffing Committee Update:
- Where are the cuts? Reducing positions in buildings; how are principals choosing? Principals must provide reasons to back up the cut. Dave will look into teachers being able to request a transfer.
- In about a week principals should make those final decisions so that Lisa Mack can coordinate all available positions.
- Furlough days will not guarantee there will be no lay-offs.
- Possible Buy Out- Pat and Dave will push for board members to move forward with the retirement plan they were presented with.
- Calendar ballots handed in
- David Cicarella adjourned the meeting at 5:20pm
Meeting minutes submitted by: Jennifer Chisholm